Resting at the foot of the Chehalem Mountains, Calkins Lane Vineyard surrounds our winery and tasting room. At 240-320 feet this vineyard is Adelsheim’s lowest elevation, warmest, and earliest ripening site. The sedimentary soils that dominate the site – such as Willakenzie and Dupee – lend an extraordinary depth and character, a dark, almost roasted fruit quality, and a rich chewy texture to the wines made from this vineyard.
- Ownership: Vineyard planted, owned and managed by Adelsheim
- Location/AVA: Chehalem Mountains AVA
- Acres Planted: 36.48
- Clones: Pinot noir: UCD5 “Pommard,” AS-2 (selection), 4407 (selection), ENTAV 114, ENTAV 115, ENTAV 667, ENTAV 777
- Clones: Pinot gris: Lett (selection)
- Clones: Syrah: ENTAV 383, ENTAV 470
- Year planted: 1990, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2011
- Elevation: 240-320 ft.
- Certification: Live Certified
- Aspect: South
- Spacing: 6.5x4, 6.5x4.5, 6x5, 6.56x3.28, 7x4, 7x5 ft.
- Soil: Marine sedimentary