2018 Capstone Saturday Wine Seminar: An Insider’s Guide to Wine Collecting with David Adelsheim and special guest Joey Harrington.
Our final Saturday Seminar of the 2018 Season will be our most exciting tasting and conversation of the year!
Born and raised in Portland, Oregon, Joey Harrington is not only a former NFL quarterback and philanthropist, he’s also an avid wine collector and supporter of the Oregon wine industry. We are thrilled to team up with Joey along with our founder, David Adelsheim, and wine educator, Sam Schmitt, CS, CWE, to discuss the strategies, opportunities, and occasional pitfalls of wine collecting.
This seminar will feature a rare vertical tasting of our flagship Quarter Mile Lane Single Vineyard Estate Pinot noir from the celebrated 2008, 2012, and 2016 vintages as well as some special wines personally selected by Joey Harrington exclusively for this seminar.
In this unique wine tasting seminar Sam, David, and Joey will be discussing the following wine collecting topics:
· Understanding Wine Collecting – How to get started and what is important vs. nice-to-have for a beginner
· Understanding Bottle Aging & Ageability – How wines develop in the bottle, how bottle size matters, and how wine making approach, vintages and regions matter
· Strategies for Building a Wine Collection – Developing a collection theme or focus, understanding “futures”, and managing very large collections
· Wine Collecting Pitfalls – Understanding the importance of provenance, the risks and rewards of buying collections and buying at auctions
· Q&A – Sam, David, and Joey will answer your questions and offer advice from their unique experiences
Seating is limited, so register now to secure your spot and support the Harrington Family Foundation for this unique tasting and learning opportunity with Oregon legends Joey Harrington and David Adelsheim!
Special box sets only available to seminar attendees:
Vertical Boxed Set – Includes the signed three-bottle boxed set vertical of Adelsheim’s 2008, 2012, and 2016 Quarter Mile Lane Single Vineyard Pinot noir with a boxed set of Adelsheim Pinot noir glasses. Availability limited to just 10 boxed sets. $500
Premium Boxed Set – Includes a signed three-bottle “pre-release” boxed set of Adelsheim’s 2016 Quarter Mile Lane Single Vineyard Pinot noir with a boxed set of Adelsheim Pinot noir glasses. $300
“Hillside Drive” Boxed Set – Includes a three-bottle boxed set of the 2015 vintage Bryan Creek, Boulder Bluff, and Quarter Mile Lane Pinot noirs from the vineyards adjacent to David Adelsheim’s home. $200
Harrington Family Foundation Supporter - Includes a gift-boxed bottle of our exclusive Vintage 37 Pinot noir produced from the very best barrels of Pinot noir from the 2014 vintage. $150
Tickets are $100 per participant.
100% of ticket price will be donated to the Harrington Foundation to support higher education in Oregon.